Our full termination policy is detailed for you within the booking section of our website. Please read it carefully and ensure that you fully understand it.
You can cancel your booking up to 14 days after you accept your offer or pay your deposit (the Initial Cancellation Period), which reduces to 7 days from 1st August ahead of the academic year being booked, providing you have not already moved in to the property and we will refund your security deposit in full. Deposits will normally be refunded within 28 days of cancellation, however our legal obligation as a landlord is to secure all deposits with a third party protection scheme. In the event that your deposit has already been sent to the protection scheme by the time you cancel your booking, your refund could take up to 60 days to be refunded due to the protection scheme’s processing period and your deposit refund will come directly from them – you will need your repayment ID which will be sent to you directly by the protection scheme. If the deposit has already been sent to the deposit protection scheme, unfortunately, we are unable to influence their processing time.
If you cancel your booking after the 14 day Initial Cancellation Period (7 days after 1st August), you will remain liable for the weekly rent (for each and every week or part week) until we are able to re-let the room. If we are able to re-let the room we will release you from the agreement upon payment of a £250 release fee which we will recover by retaining your deposit (which will not, therefore, be returned). If you have paid a lower deposit amount, that’s the amount that will be retained.
Students who made bookings at the following properties on 30/04/2021 will only benefit from the former cancellation period with a cooling off period ending 31/06/2021:
Bowline - Cancellation Policy:
- Guilden Village, Stoke Park
Students that have booked to stay at Bowline between 5th
February 2021 and midnight 4th
March are permitted to cancel their booking up until midnight on the 30th
April 2021. Students that have booked to stay at Bowline from the 5th
March 2021 until 16th
May 2021 are eligible to cancel their booking by midnight on the 31st
From the 17th
May 2021 the standard 2 week cooling off period will apply to all bookings. We reserve the right to withdraw or change this promotion at any time, and the new terms in place will then apply to bookings made after any amendment.
Extended cancellation policy (21-22 academic year bookings):
Some properties have an extended flexible cancellation period for 21-22 academic year bookings, as per the lists below. Properties that appear in this list will allow cancellation of your booking up to 31st
May 2021 for any reason without penalty, and we will refund your security deposit in full as outlined in the standard cancellation terms.
Students who make a booking at the following properties after 14/01/2021 but before 31/05/2021 can benefit from this extended cancellation policy:
- This applies to any tenancy length for 21-22 academic year bookings only. For the avoidance of doubt, it does not apply to any bookings for accommodation during the 20-21 academic year or summer 2021 period.
- You must notify us in writing (including email) no later than 23:59:59 on 31/05/2021. After this date, the standard cancellation terms apply.
- This promotion is in addition to our standard cancellation terms which continue unaffected.
- This promotion only applies to bookings made directly with us or through an agent and does not apply to bookings made via universities or other institutions as part of a nominations or referral agreement unless expressly specified.
- Cancelling your booking using this promotion invalidates any other promotion you may have been eligible for, including but not limited to any prize draws, cashbacks or referral incentives.
- Existing customers must be up to date with payments due on their account to be eligible for this promotion.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or change this promotion at any time, and the new terms in place will then apply to bookings made after any amendment.
- Students who have a confirmed booking are not permitted to cancel and replace other students with a confirmed booking under the standard cancellation terms.
- 33 Parkside
- 79 Silver Street
- 88 Bromsgrove
- Brunswick House
- Crown House
- Fraser Studios
- Fontenoy Apartments
- Guilden Village, Stoke Park
- Havannah House
- Hythe Mills
- Kensington House
- New Century Place
- Steel City
- St Giles Studios
- Straits Manor
- Straits Meadow
- Symons House
- The Garage
- The Residence
- The Toybox
- The Vantage
- Viridian Studios